Ladybirds work closely with Cottenham Primary School to ensure that children have a smooth transition into school. As part of this all children are offered the opportunity to take part in Moving On sessions during their pre-school year.
The sessions are based in Red Room between 9.00 am and 12.30 pm and are run by Julie Percival.
They follow the same routines and curriculum that are used in Reception and include the following
- A formal sit down register which is similar to that in school.
- The letters and sounds programme which is used in Reception.
- A PE session run by Oak Activities on a Monday and Thursday (this is at an extra cost of £2.00 per session).
- Lunch time routines incorporating the plates that are used in school.
- Work on name recognition.
- Parents have the option to purchase a Ladybirds book bag (at a cost of £5.00) which they can use to transport library books home each week.
The Moving On Sessions are play based, fun and age appropriate and the children really do enjoy them. We recommend that children attend at least one Moving On session during their pre-school year, starting in September, as children build friendships during the course of the year and the structured elements will be slowly increased as the year moves on.
If you would like more information about these sessions, please contact the office.